Join our Editorial Board
Become an Associate Editor
BMC Infectious Diseases is expanding and as part of our expansion, we are recruiting new Associate Editors to join our international Editorial Board.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in one of the following disciplines.
- Bacterial and fungal diseases
- Health-care associated infection control
- Hepatitis and co-infections
- HIV and co-infections
- Parasitological diseases
- Tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases
- Viral diseases
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Our Associate Editors should have a minimum of twenty research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-review journals.
They should be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years.
Suitable Associate Editors for BMC Infectious Diseases must:
- Support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to represent BMC Infectious Diseases within the scientific community.
- Provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Associate Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommends decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Associate Editor for BMC Infectious Diseases should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of 15 manuscripts per year within their field of expertise.
Our Associate Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor and Section Editors.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Editor for BMC Infectious Diseases, please send your application including a full academic CV to BMCSeriesEditorialBoard@biomedcentral.com and make sure to mention the journal name in the subject line.