BMC Infectious Diseases is recruiting new Editorial Board Member to join the Editorial Board. With the expansion of the journal, we wish to expand our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with submissions on a broad range of topics whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We especially encourage applications from researchers with a background in one of the following disciplines:
- Bacterial and fungal diseases
- Health-care associated infection control
- Hepatitis and co-infections
- HIV and co-infections
- Parasitological diseases
- Tuberculosis and other mycobacterial diseases
- Viral diseases
BMC Infectious Diseases scope and ethos
BMC Infectious Diseases is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the prevention, diagnosis and management of infectious and sexually transmitted diseases in humans, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Infectious Diseases must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to represent BMC Infectious Diseases within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
An Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommend decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Infectious Diseases should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of 12 manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader field of expertise.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Members will report to the in-house Editor.
More information on Editorial Board Responsibilities can be found here.