- Pulmonary symptoms with nodular or cavitary opacities on chest radiograph or HRCT that show multifocal bronchiectasis with multiple small nodules.
- AND sufficient exclusion of other diseases/ diagnoses.
- Positive sputum culture results of at least two separately expectorated samples.
- OR positive culture results from at least one bronchial wash or lavage.
- OR transbronchial or other lung biopsy with mycobacterial histopathological features AND positive culture for NTM on biopsy or on at least one or more sputum samples or bronchial washing.